Everything I ate at Eat Drink Vegan (LA) 2018
Eat Drink Vegan is a yearly festival in Pasadena, California that's full of international vegan vendors, cruelty-free brands, beer, and kombucha. It feels like vegan Coachella, except with less music, and more food babies (not actual babies). This year was my first year I went to EDV, and I ate everything! If you can get yourself to LA in May for EDV, here are some tips to make it the best trip ever!
- Decide between General Admission and VIP. Both come with unlimited pours of booch and booze, but the VIP glass is a little bigger! The VIP admission gets you in two hours early, with a fast pass, which means shorter lines and more of a likelihood that vendors won't sell out of limited items. However, the VIP is much more expensive, so that's something to consider.
- Plan which vendors you want to tackle first. EDV shares its list of attendees in advance through their social media, so you can do some research on who you want to eat first. The international/out-of-state vendors tend to have longer lines, so I suggest going to those first!
- Go with friends! Everything is usually a full-portion, so sharing will make your stomach last through the day
- Try different types of booch - kombucha, beer, CBD kombucha, CBD beer, and wine. Pace yourself, but it is unlimited pours.
- Bring cash - most vendors accept a credit card, but some don't, so it's always better to have some cash on hand
- Follow your favorite vegan bloggers/publications/vendors on Instagram because you may be able to see the menu items in advance/see what not to miss!
Okay, now to the good stuff.
Food I Ate:
In addition to restaurants, there's also tons of product companies sampling their products at the festival. Nadamoo is just one of the few awesome companies present at EDV. They had a ice cream bowl made from a cinnamon bun!